St. Louis Clinical Trials
St. Louis, MO
Daniel Gruener, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, is board certified by the American Academy of Psychiatry and Neurology and by the American Academy of Pain Management. He has over 30 years of experience and has conducted more than 250 clinical trials in pain, addiction, psychiatry and neurology disorders. Throughout his career, Dr. Gruener has been a thought leader in pain, and has served as a board member of the American Pain Society. Additionally, he has written several books, and most significantly, he co-authored a textbook on pain and is the senior editor for Pain Control in the Primary Care Setting, published by the APS, which was the standard of care for several years.
Tara Birke, M.P.A., is board certified as an Adult-Gerontological Nurse Practitioner. She has conducted over 40 clinical trials in patients with Schizophrenia, Insomnia, Diabetes, Bipolar Disorder and Depression, among others.
St. Louis Clinical Trials
St. Louis Clinical Trials, a subsidiary of Evolution Research Group, is an inpatient/outpatient research facility experienced in psychiatry, neurology, addiction, sleep and pain indications.
St. Louis Clinical Trials is associated with a local surgical center, performing surgical procedures leading to the conduct of inpatient/outpatient post-op pain studies at the St. Louis Clinical Trials research facility.
In addition, we have formalized a relationship with The Center for Clinical Imaging Research (CCIR) at Washington University, a premier radiological center, which provides our site with access to state-of-the-art imaging facilities, where highly specialized imaging studies such as fMRI and PET are now performed. This Medical Services Agreement gives us access to services only available at a few select locations worldwide.
Senior Director, Clinical Operations and Site Development
Opioid Use Disorder
• St. Louis Clinical Trials is a 24-bed, purpose-built facility with the capabilities to conduct specialized and complex study designs.
• The facility maintains a compounding pharmacy with a Laminar flow hood; a double-locked, limited access drug storage room with a 24-hour monitoring system; an IATA and CLIA certified processing laboratory; and -20 degree and -70 degree sample storage.
• Indoor smoking room equipped with a recirculating ventilation system. Dedicated, controlled and secure outdoor smoking area.
Experience with topography, spirometry, CO measurements and PK biomarkers.
• On-site long-term storage.
• Research staff is proficient in all standard rating scales.
• Full-time recruitment team for identifying quality research
subjects throughout Greater St. Louis.
Special Procedures and Equipment
Institutional Review Board